1. Skin Care – If you are using any skin care products with Retinols, Retin A, Retinoids or Topical Acids (salicylic, lactic, hydroxy, exfoliating acids) you MUST stop the use 4 weeks prior to microneedling. Please Note: It is YOUR responsibility to check the ingredients in your skin care products. Schedule your appointment accordingly.
2. Skin Treatments – Chemical peels, microdermabrasion, laster treatments, plasma pen, etc. (including topical acid treatments and peels) MUST end at least 4 weeks prior to procedure and do not plan another treatment until microneedling healing is complete. Wait at least 4 weeks post microneedling to resume.
3. Skin Conditions – If you have psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis, acne or any other skin related issues and it becomes present in the area being treated prior to microneedling you MUST call to notify your practitioner within 48 hours of appointment to discuss the issues and potentially reschedule.
4. Tanning + Returning from Vacation – Please stop tanning 1 week prior to microneedling or be CERTAIN skin is not burnt prior to procedure.
5. Vacation – Plan your vacation accordingly. Post treatment you will be advised to avoid ANY sun or water exposure for AT-LEAST 1 week or until you are fully healed.
6. Botox/Injections – Schedule any Botox/Injections 4 weeks prior or post microneedling appointment. *We WILL NOT provide microneedling to to anyone who has had botox within 4 weeks of appointment.*
7. Pregnancy – Actively trying to conceive? Before your scheduled appointment you must have a negative pregnancy test 48 hours prior to procedure. If you are currently pregnant, we do not recommend this treatment during pregnancy. If you are aware of the risks and choose to receive the procedure regardless, you must sign a waiver and we may require a doctor's note before performing microneedling.
8. Breastfeeding – If you are breastfeeding, we require you to sign a waiver and we may require a doctor's note before performing the procedure.
9. Medications – Some medications may increase the chances of bruising, bleeding or skin irritation during microneedling. Please contanct your MD prior to procedure if you have any medication concerns.
10. Vitamins/Fish Oil – Please stop the use of any vitamins that boost your immune system 5 days prior to microneedling.
11. Keloid – We WILL NOT perform microneedling on anyone who has a history of keloid formation.
12. “Bleeders” – If you consider yourself a “bleeder,” please follow:
a. NO coffee/caffeine 2 days prior to procedure.
b. Stop the use of any pain killers 1 week prior to procedure.
c. No pain killers the day of procedure and 2 days post.